Pages

Monday, March 29, 2010

Day 5 - Triple Boo

So, I've diligently gotten to the gym every day since Day 1. I've witnessed a fight in the pool (some people just don't know what counter clockwise means), forgotten half my swim gear yesterday but have somehow have found parking on the street in front of the gym on all days (this IS a miracle). I've forced myself to not think about falling off treadmills, tried to not watch NCAA basketball on nearby machines (I'm boycotting the rest of the tourney since my team went out in 16) and have been making sure to do cardio and pool during the same session so that I can ramp up in a decent manner. So ups and downs, but I've been very happy to get back into the swing of things. Of course, then there was this morning.

Triple boo. I went to bed fairly early last night - actually got into bed fairly early (that damn Words with Friends) - and then proceeded to oversleep through my personal training appointment this morning. Oversleeping is one of my biggest fears. It bizarrely only happens on very critical mornings for me, which makes me all the more paranoid. I normally wake up at 6 something everyday, but then today, I wake up at 7:05 and I was supposed to be to the gym at 6:45AM. Lots of cursing this morning. This doesn't seem like the end of the world, however, I already have deep paranoia and what a horrible first impression with my new trainer. It's not like I didn't coach swimming for years and so I know that you always wonder about the person who can't make it to their first appointment. Oy vey.

Now that I have to deal with my negative Monday morning attitude, I should probably try and do something constructive like focus on the rest of the week. My new appointment with said trainer is now Wednesday morning. I'm anticipating a crappy night of sleep on Tuesday night due to anxiety about over-sleeping again. I weighed myself yesterday to have a benchmark. No, I'm not one of those people who need to put the number in writing for you all to see. I normally fluctuate 5-8 lbs for no particular reason, so progress to me is not until I am in double digits, so there will be no early cheerleading over much. I am home all this week and it's a 4 day work week, so who can be anything less than ecstatic about that. Tony is on Spring Break and going to get his coveted new video game, so that will keep him busy for pretty much the entire week. I also see 3 days at 60 or above this week, so I'm SUPER excited for sun and warmth. I'm also starting my Green Smoothie shake thing for the week (I will only drink this when I am not traveling). I drank it at Mary's house recently and it wasn't bad. Let's just say spinach, water, blueberries, bananas, lemon peel and flax seed oil all blended into a crazy green shake. I'll let you know how it goes.

On another note, does anyone know how to change the name of their blog? Hello 2009 doesn't seem like a very good name anymore.

2 comments:

  1. Hmmm, you might need to give me that recipe of your green shake sounds delicious although I am a shake girl, I started Isagenix again and I have gone to kickboxing like 5 or 6 times now and it kicks my butt. But alas today is Mothers day and I think I have gained back anything I lost. Good thing I always look at it like two steps forward one step back. Still doing good...you keep it up good, any news from the job?
    Also what to name your blog, well it should be something like the adventures of t&t, but that might be a bit blah so I don't know get creative...chats from Chicago...words from the windy city...not sure, mine is pretty boring :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, my 2 steps back were more like me falling down and not getting back up. I had a couple weeks of back to back travel plus visits from Tony's Mom and my parents, so needless to say, I have completely fallen off the fitness wagon. Now I'm trying to figure out how to get refocused and move along. Hope that you're having a Happy Birthday today honey. *AOE*

    ReplyDelete