Pages

Friday, July 17, 2009

Friday @ 18:00


I have discovered that Friday at 18:00 is really my favorite time of week. There is so much potential at that moment. For this post, I have to acknowledge that I am finally going to catch up and import my old blog here, so that Christie Lynn has something to read. She certainly deserves it for indulging me and Lil Julie by posting her first pregnancy pic! You look fab Christie Lynn!

I'm mostly very excited b/c Tony is coming home for a few days tomorrow. We're going to jet off to NYC for a mini-vacation where we'll see West Side Story, hopefully make ourselves into Muppets and indulge in our favoritest mac-n-cheese from Virgil's (44th and Broadway for fans). He surely needs a break from being in the hottest places on the planet all summer - Central Valley, Vegas and Dallas in particular. Luckily he's coming home to sunny and 70 in Chicago. I guess I should put all of his shows back on the DVR.

In the meantime while Tony has been gone on tour with drum corps, I have found myself completely addicted to Twitter, finding concerts to go see and enjoying the summer with the boys. I get the feeling that since June and July have been so mild, Mother Nature is going to release her wrath and make August and September miserable (a.k.a. hot AND humid). My other theory is that Mother Nature is rewarding us for making this past winter so f*ing miserable.
Since the start of his new show Late Night with Jimmy Fallon, I am also completely addicted to Jimmy Fallon and the Roots. I was able to find tickets to see him at The Vic in mid-June with SGumin. His stand-up is very funny, although he's a bit of a tweaker. He kept rubbing his eyes and it was driving me crazy. I send a weekly tweet to Jimmy and Questo requesting that they bring Raul Midon on the show. Now, besides wanting to have my question read on Mail Time on PTI, I really want Jimmy and/or Questo to tweet me back. I think that this obsessive behavior comes from my friend Susan in Tampa.
I'm going to try and get some sleep, which has been very difficult this week for some reason. I also need to decide if I'm going to read Harry Potter (I've been stuck on book 5 for 2 years) or finally get involved in Twilight. Either way, both books are a pain in the ass to travel with.

3 comments:

  1. I say finish Harry potter...Twilight is good, 3rd book was my favorite. And actually the 4th is good too, but everyone told me it sucked, so it was much better than expected. As a whole the twilight series was actually more juvenile than the HP series which I love.

    And thanks for the text...I know whatever you get me I will be excited and sporting the most stylish piece out there. You are the best T! Hope to see you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I say finish Harry potter...Twilight is good, 3rd book was my favorite. And actually the 4th is good too, but everyone told me it sucked, so it was much better than expected. As a whole the twilight series was actually more juvenile than the HP series which I love.

    And thanks for the text...I know whatever you get me I will be excited and sporting the most stylish piece out there. You are the best T! Hope to see you soon!

    ReplyDelete