Pages

Saturday, April 18, 2009

Saturday


I get to the weekend and I forget about all of the things from earlier in the week. Maybe that's a good thing!


I went to my first Opening Day baseball game this past week. Despite rain - lots of it - and 40 degree weather, Sean and I enjoyed most of the game from a rooftop club and then we went into the stadium for the last 3 innings. We barely made it through those 3 innings because of the cold, although it was still warmer than the Winter Classic. The new Captain Morgan bar that is connected to the stadium on the Sheffield and Addison side is U-G-L-Y. Regardless, the Cubs won the game and made it all worth it.


I was also thrilled to find out that Duran Duran is playing at the Saratoga Mtn. Winery this July. I am SO going. Tony and I love that venue. I'm going to Jennifer Hudson and Robin Thicke next weekend with Mona. Also have tickets to No Doubt in Chicago, the weekend after Duran Duran. We're going to see Pat Benatar in August. I can't wait to see her hotty guitar playing husband. I really want to go see Jimmy Fallon and the Roots - need to work on that.
In other music, I saw the Susan Boyle audition from Britain's Got Talent. It brought me to tears. She has an amazing voice, I'm a huge Les Miz fan and I was just touched by her story. If you live in a bubble and haven't seen it - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9lp0IWv8QZY
I loved seeing Simon Cowell's face light up with genuine awe as he listened. And it's another lesson to all of us - never judge a book by it's cover. As of today, 26M people have viewed the video. I hope that Susan has much success and that her dream to become a professional singer is achieved.

No comments:

Post a Comment